Wednesday 28 November 2012

Getting Back to Work

Right! Lets get started shall we?!

It's been a long time since i've blogged and it's high time I started again!

It's been a busy busy few months. I'm now back in England in good old Stoke, now as a third year student (scary stuff!). It's been quite an adjustment getting back into sync with everything again, but i'm getting by.

In the first few weeks of uni, as a warm up task, we were asked to carry out a 3 part series of projects over the course of three weeks - inventively named "The Three Weeks in October".

Project 1 was "The Power of Nine" - this was a short film showing the following prepositions:

1) Inside
2) Under
3) Between
4) Through
5) On top of
6) Above
7) Behind
8) Next to
9) In Front of
I encountered a few problems with this work and if I had had more time I would have gone back and re-rendered it, after having turned the glossiness down on the objects in the scene.
To take a look at this piece of work just follow this link: https://vimeo.com/51849478
 
Project 2 was "Onomatopoeia" - this was a 30 second animation which needed to include a sound, text and imagery. I used Animate Pro to animate this piece of work and decided to take a slightly rougher style to it than i usually use. Click on the image below to see the animation:


Project 3 was "25FPS@STAFFS" - this was an animation which we were asked to produce in pairs. The idea was to create a short sting for Staffs uni. We were given the music clips, logo and colour palette and had to create something from that. Me and Dan Roberts used Maya to create this piece of work and we encountered some problems along the way... like Maya expression editor doesn't understand brackets when typing in calculations (which wasted a bit of our time), but we enjoyed it and our pleased with the results. Click on the image below to view our work:


Currently I am working on some more animations and my Design Project Report. I have posted up my animatics for both animations on my vimeo page, so please feel free to have a gander.

That's all for now folks, but I aim to try and blog some more about my work over the next few weeks. https://vimeo.com/51850788

No comments:

Post a Comment